How to use slscart as a CMS
slscart has content management system capabilities.
- Allows clients to add unlimited pages
- Allows clients to make changes to existing pages
- Provides a WYSIWYG web editor for the page system
These are activated in the storeadmin under Extras
blog - start your own blog
blog gallery - this is a nice blog feature.
event calendar - post upcoming events on a calendar
faq - generate a frequently asked questions page
guest book - guest book for visitors to sign in
photo gallery - a nice place to show off pictures
web links - your favtorite places to visit on the web
These are under Web Site
These are under Administration
social media links
These are under Administration > Extras
alert banner - generate an alert banner
These are under Administration > Site Settings
site message - send a message to every page on the site
linked pages - set up some pages to read like a book
multiple templates - slscart allows multiple templates for one site. One page can use a particular template and another page can use a different one.
The basic setup turns off features associated with shopping and the shopping cart.
1. (Pages > Catalog) Turn off shopping cart link. Note that Catalog cannot be deactivated.
2. (Catalog setup) Turn off
- new items link
- featured link
- all item link
- sale link
3. (Site Extras) Deactivate the following as these are related to the shopping cart
- gift certificates
- gift registry
- price search
1. Use %SEARCH_SITE% instead of %SEARCH_CATALOG% in the template.