slscart Knowledgebase Administration
Starting with version 10.4.8, knowledgebase capabilities are present in slscart. These are notes about how the knowledgebase works from an administrator's perspective.
To enable the knowledgebase, go into Site Extras > Knowledgebase and activate Knowledgebase by clicking the Activate link.
See kb store for documentation on the blog from a customer's perspective.
Use this area to add, edit or delete knowledgebase articles.
- Adding Articles: To add a new article, select the 'Add' button, then enter all the fields needed for the article.
- Editing Articles: To edit an article, select the 'Edit' link next to the article you wish to modify, and enter all the fields needed for that article.
- Deleting Articles: To delete an article, select the 'Delete' link next to the article you wish to delete, and confirm the deletion of that article.
- Activate/Deactivate an Article: Click Activate to activate a kb article, Deactivate to deactivate it.
- Ordering Articles: To change the order in which an article appears, drag the handle next to each article to drag it to a new position.
- Child Articles: To make an article a child of another article, move the article you want as a child below the parent article. Drag the handle of the child article and move it inward.
- Enable KB Search: To create a KB only search bar, check 'Enable KB Search' and click 'Update Entries' to save the change.
- Enable KB Breadcrumbs: To display the KB breadcrumbs, check 'Enable KB Breadcrumbs" and click 'Update Entries' to save the change.
The commands set the knowledgebase properties.
- Contents: Set title of knowledgebase, add content
- Activate/Deactivate: The knowledgebase can be activated or deactivated. Deactivation will not erase anything.
Adding or editing a KB article
To add or edit a kb article, enter the following information:
- Title: Enter the name of this article.
- Breadcrumb: Enter the breadcrumb text of this article. If nothing entered, the title will be used.
- Parent: If the article is a subarticle, select the parent of this article otherwise leave it as None.
- KB Article: Enter the body of the article. It can contain HTML code if you wish. If it is blank, then the article will be considered a heading.
- Excerpt: Enter an excerpt. It will appear below the Title.
- Meta Description: Enter the meta description of the blog entry.
- Meta Title: Enter the meta title of the blog entry. Up to about 125 characters.
- Keywords: Enter a list of keywords, separated by commas, of this article.
- Active Select Yes to activate the kb article, No to deactivate it.