slscart Blog Administration
Starting with version 10.4.0, blogging capabilities are present in slscart. These are notes about how blogging works from an administrator's perspective.
To enable the blog, go into Site Extras > Blog and activate Blog.
See blog store for documentation on the blog from a customer's perspective.
Use this area to manage the blog and blog entries.
- Adding Blog Entries: To add a new blog entry, select the 'Add' button, then enter all the fields needed for the entry.
- Editing Blog Entries: To edit a bog entry, select the 'Edit' link next to the article you wish to modify, and enter all the fields needed for that article.
- Deleting Blog Entries: To delete an article, select the 'Delete' link next to the entry you wish to remove, and confirm the deletion of that article.
- Ordering Blog Entries: Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the newest one appearing first.
- Category: Add a blog category. Click on dropdown '-- Add New --' and type in category then click 'Add Cat' button.
- Category: Delete a blog category. Choose a blog category then click 'Delete Cat' button.
- Category: Rename a blog category
- Set Entries per Page: Sets number of blog entries per page. Default is 20.
- Show Post Dates: If checked, the posted dates will be displayed on store's blog homepage.
The commands set the blog's properties.
- Contents: Set title of blog, add content to the blog (shows up before the list of blog entries)
- Activate/Deactivate: Blog can be activated or deactivated. Deactivation will not erase anything.
- Enable/Disable Comments: Commenting for the blog can be turned on or off. If disabled, existing comments are not deleted or displayed, and will appear again if commenting is reenabled.
- Login/No Login: Whether adding a comment requires an account and to be logged in.
- Activate Cmt: Choose a comment to activate. Only shows inactive ones.
- Delete Cmt: Delete a specific comment for a specific blog entry.
- Delete User: Delete user's account.
- Activate User: Activate user