The following are the site settings and a short description of what they are. Some of the bold-faced names are links to further explanations.
- Company: Enter your company name, which will appear as a header on your site if you do not have a logo.
- Admin Email: Enter the administration email address you wish to use to be notified about site processes, inventory quantities, wholesale setup, etc.
- Admin Email Name: Enter the administration email name associated with the administration email.
- Alt Email: If your Admin Email has a different domain than your website, enter an email from your domain. Most reputable mail servers will flag an email as spam if the email is sent from a different domain that what is in the From email address.
- Web Site URL: Enter your web site URL here.
- Catalog Page: Enter the page name of your catalog, if different from catalog.php.
- Page Extension: Select the page extension of your site pages, if different from .php. Note that you must already have a MIME type added to your .htaccess file to use .htm or .html extensions; this is not available on all servers.
- Thumbnail Dir: Enter the directory name to which thumbnail images will be uploaded.
- Lg Image Dir: Enter the directory name to which large catalog images will be uploaded.
- Category Img Dir: Enter the directory name to which category images will be uploaded.
- General Img Dir: Enter the directory name to which general site images will be uploaded.
- Category Dir: If you use static pages and have selected a Static Extension, specify the directory name for your category pages here.
- Item Dir: If you use static pages and have selected a Static Extension, specify the directory name for your item pages here.
- Article Dir: If you use static pages and have selected a Static Extension, specify the directory name for your article pages here.
- Static Ext: If you wish to use static pages (e.g. yoursite/category_5/your_item.htm) vs. dynamic pages (e.g. yoursite/catalog.php?category=5), select the static directory here. Note that not all servers allow it.
- Permanent Redirect: Set to No if using static pages, to redirect all dynamic page URLs to static ones.
- Time Zone: Select your store's time zone.
- Short Date: Select the date format you wish to use for short dates with numeric dates and a two digit year.
- Long Date: Select the date format you wish to use for longer dates with full written text dates and a four digit year.
- Google Analytics ID: Add store's Google Analytics ID. Must have %STYLE_LOWER% in the template.
- Site Message: Enter a web site message to be displayed at the top of each page, if desired.
- Email Link: If you wish to use the email a friend pop up, enter the text you wish to display in that link.
- Meta Title: To display a default page title on your site that is different than your company name, enter that page title here.
- Meta Description: To display a meta tag description on your site, enter it here.
- Meta Keywords: To display meta tag keywords on your site, enter them here.
Managing site settings
To remove displaying the email link:
1. Go into storeadmin
2. Under Administration > Site Settings > Email Link:
delete all the characters in the Email Link: box then click 'Update Variables'