Custom Sort Products in a Category
Since version 10.4.7
No limits on the number of categories that can have custom sorting.
Since version 10.3.4
Limit of 10 categories that can have custom sorting
The product name and its custom sort number are displayed. The products are displayed highest sort number to lowest.
If custom sort is in effect and it is set to No in a category, all products associated with the category will have the custom sort number set to 0 and global product sorting (set in Administration tab > Catalog Setup > Product Order) will be used.
How to Set up Custom Sorting for a Category
- Edit the category you want to custom sort
- Set 'Custom Sort:' to Yes and save it (click 'Edit Category')
- Edit the category. Next to Custom Sort: is a link that says custom sort. Click on it.
- A screen will appear with all the items for this category. Set the sort number for them. The higher the sort number, the closer to the beginning of the category's page it will be.
- Save the settings
- On the website, click on the category that was custom sorted. The products will appear, highest custom sort number to the lowest.
If you want to turn off custom sorting, set custom sorting, under the category, to 'No' and save the setting. This will set all the custom sort numbers for this category's products back to 0 and the global sorting method (under Administration > Catalog Setup > Product Order) will prevail.